Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IGWT15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2015
Miami, Florida
Do i need to delete the iOS 9 Public Beta Software Profile from my device prior to downloading the GM Sept 16th ??

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Not sure it will download the final released version of iOS 9 for the device if you have the profile as it likely will prompt you to download the iOS 9 public beta instead.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Oh Great, so how do I fix that so I may download the GM 9.0 even i currently have 9.1

You'll have to do a restore to the 9.0 GM manually in iTunes with the .ipsw file. Hopefully you have a backup from before 9.1 because a newer backup can't be put onto older software (9.1 newer than 8.4.1, 9.0 GM).

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I have installed the GM on my phone, in 16th i will receive the final version via ota or i'm already on the final version?

For the millionth time (literally), the GM is the final version and is IDENTICAL to the public release that will be out Wednesday.

It's amazing how this question is answered hundreds of times every year and people still continue to ask it.

Barring a major bug (which probably would've been found by now, and has only been the case once in iOS history) the GM will be the public release

fellipech

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2015
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
For the millionth time (literally), the GM is the final version and is IDENTICAL to the public release that will be out Wednesday.

It's amazing how this question is answered hundreds of times every year and people still continue to ask it.

Barring a major bug (which probably would've been found by now, and has only been the case once in iOS history) the GM will be the public release

If this is really the final version, WHY i can't make reviews on app store? I know the apple removed this feature from the beta versions... They will activate remotely?

JMC08

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
What's the best way to go from iOS PB 3 to public iOS 9.0? Will a iOS PB 3 backup to the Mac work with the public iOS 9?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
If this is really the final version, WHY i can't make reviews on app store? I know the apple removed this feature from the beta versions... They will activate remotely?

It will be activated on Wednesday most likely. Apple can and has done it remotely in the past.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.