Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrnorwegian

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2015
Oslo
Hi.
I just installed the iOS 9 public beta, and seems to work fine with watch os 1.01. It also gave me the possibility to install a new beta watch profile, but doesn't look like I can download any beta software to the watch. Should that be possible or is that only for the developers to try the watch os beta?

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
Not sure, but it sounds like the only way to downgrade from the watch os beta is sending it in to Apple, so might want to stay away from that

Reactions: fischersd

garlicbread24

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
beta profile wont matter but the watch OS beta is out for devs. You can find and download it but I would not recommend it at the moment.

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
Hi.
I just installed the iOS 9 public beta, and seems to work fine with watch os 1.01. It also gave me the possibility to install a new beta watch profile, but doesn't look like I can download any beta software to the watch. Should that be possible or is that only for the developers to try the watch os beta?

You can leave the profile if you like because at the moment there is no public beta available for the watch. If one is released, you will have the profile installed already and the option to install the software.

fastthumbs

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2003
Since installing the iOS 9 public beta, my watch no longer seems to receive notifications. Anyone else seeing this issue, or have a fix?

samo350

macrumors member
Oct 20, 2012
Montpellier, FR
for me I have issues with phone calls when started from the watch, the phone screen disappear but I can still hear the person on the apple watch speaker, for notification I just test with imessages notif and it works

Edit:
I'm on ios 9 PB and watchOS 1.0.1

iamZyromeRexCS

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2014
Manila, Philippines
i just want to ask ' before I install iOS 9 public beta 1 ..
how's the battery life? is it good ?
because i already tried Beta 1 (dev) and i reverted back to iOS 8 because of poor battery performance ..
how is it now ? in the Public Beta 1 ?

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
i just want to ask ' before I install iOS 9 public beta 1 ..
how's the battery life? is it good ?
because i already tried Beta 1 (dev) and i reverted back to iOS 8 because of poor battery performance ..
how is it now ? in the Public Beta 1 ?

My battery life on iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 Plus have been fine. The main areas with issues are elsewhere in the OS. Details of those are posted in the issues thread. It has been worth it for me so far but I'm pretty flexible.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Since installing the iOS 9 public beta, my watch no longer seems to receive notifications. Anyone else seeing this issue, or have a fix?
Had the same problem after installing the public beta. I would get some and miss some. Rebooted the phone and watch and it has worked ever since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.