ios 9 public beta

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mrnorwegian, Jul 10, 2015.

1. mrnorwegian macrumors member

Hi.
    I just installed the iOS 9 public beta, and seems to work fine with watch os 1.01. It also gave me the possibility to install a new beta watch profile, but doesn't look like I can download any beta software to the watch. Should that be possible or is that only for the developers to try the watch os beta?

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Not sure, but it sounds like the only way to downgrade from the watch os beta is sending it in to Apple, so might want to stay away from that

3. mrnorwegian thread starter macrumors member

Ok, sounds like i should wait. Should I uninstall the Apple watch beta profile as well?

4. garlicbread24 macrumors member

garlicbread24

beta profile wont matter but the watch OS beta is out for devs. You can find and download it but I would not recommend it at the moment.

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You can leave the profile if you like because at the moment there is no public beta available for the watch. If one is released, you will have the profile installed already and the option to install the software.

6. fastthumbs macrumors member

Since installing the iOS 9 public beta, my watch no longer seems to receive notifications. Anyone else seeing this issue, or have a fix?

7. samo350 macrumors member

for me I have issues with phone calls when started from the watch, the phone screen disappear but I can still hear the person on the apple watch speaker, for notification I just test with imessages notif and it works

Edit:
    I'm on ios 9 PB and watchOS 1.0.1

8. iamZyromeRexCS macrumors newbie

iamZyromeRexCS

i just want to ask ' before I install iOS 9 public beta 1 ..
    how's the battery life? is it good ?
    because i already tried Beta 1 (dev) and i reverted back to iOS 8 because of poor battery performance ..
    how is it now ? in the Public Beta 1 ?

9. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

My battery life on iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6 Plus have been fine. The main areas with issues are elsewhere in the OS. Details of those are posted in the issues thread. It has been worth it for me so far but I'm pretty flexible.

10. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Had the same problem after installing the public beta. I would get some and miss some. Rebooted the phone and watch and it has worked ever since.

11. iamZyromeRexCS macrumors newbie

iamZyromeRexCS

thank you :)))) appreciated:)

12. CurbinL macrumors newbie

Could someone give me the link to download this

13. iamZyromeRexCS macrumors newbie

iamZyromeRexCS

go here

beta.apple.com and register for the iOS 9 public beta 1 ' to enroll your device ' after enrolling ' install the profile and it will promt asking for restart ' after restarting ' you will now see the iOS 9 public beta 1 in software update :)

14. CurbinL macrumors newbie