Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calabi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
Hello!

iOS 9 has removed one of my favourite features, on the iPhone it was a little cumbersome to select data. This has been fixed on the iPad with the trackpad keyboard but on the iPhone you used to be able to press down with two fingers on any texts and it would select all or the paragraph.

Does anyone know why this was removed and if it will come back? Maybe it's been replaced with another shortcut which I don't know.. Such a shame because I love this feature.

C

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
fisn
Hello!

iOS 9 has removed one of my favourite features, on the iPhone it was a little cumbersome to select data. This has been fixed on the iPad with the trackpad keyboard but on the iPhone you used to be able to press down with two fingers on any texts and it would select all or the paragraph.

Does anyone know why this was removed and if it will come back? Maybe it's been replaced with another shortcut which I don't know.. Such a shame because I love this feature.

C
didn't know about that feature and now annoyed I can't try it

I recommend submitting feedback or a bug for this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.