iOS 9. Trying to wait.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lspice, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Lspice macrumors regular

Lspice

Is anyone trying to wait to get their 6s or 6s plus to play with iOS 9? I want the phone to feel new when I get it and if I have already been in the OS I'm afraid it won't be as exciting. It's hard though, as I really want to update now.

Does this sound crazy?

2. smokechaser macrumors regular

smokechaser

3. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

That's not the reason we're waiting. It sounds like iOS 9 is buggy. Plus we've had better results selling our "old" devices when the buyer has the choice to upgrade to the latest iOS.

4. noobinator macrumors 601

Just do it. There's plenty new on the new phone to get excited about still. This will help pass the last week. iOS 9 works great on my 6 plus!

5. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I'm waiting too. It's not crazy, What's another week.

Plus I don't' want to mess up my current phone for the last week of its existence, given apple's history of upgrading old devices to new ios'.

6. HEK macrumors 68030

HEK

Worth upgrading just for content blocker. This forum great without ads, so fast now.

7. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

^^^ This. I'm not upgrading my iPhone 6, because I've always had good luck selling phones with the older version of the iOS, which can be jailbroken, and apparently that's important to some people. They can update themselves once they get the phone if they want to, but this gives them the choice. I did update my iPad Air 2, though!

8. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I did think about waiting, but I think 3D Touch alone will make it feel new.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

10. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

I updated to iOS 9, just so my restore will hopefully go smoother on the new device. I'm on T-Mobile JOD anyway, so no resale value lost in upgrading it to iOS 9

11. macduke Suspended

macduke

My iPhone 6 Plus has been pretty buggy (and getting worse) ever since I got it a year ago. I actually think iOS 9 has fixed it. I had even done a complete restore of my device on iOS 8 a month ago and did not restore from a backup. That still didn't fix most of the problems. iOS 9, however, is so much smoother and Safari finally holds some freaking tabs without refreshing for a while.

As for the OP, just update now. Many of the changes are under the hood to increase performance and battery life. The iPhone upgrade isn't as significant features-wise as the one for the newer iPads. There are just lots of little changes that make the phone more of a pleasure to use. There aren't a ton of groundbreaking features like iOS 8 had with widgets, custom keyboards, etc. But I'm completely fine with that since it seems like they're tuning things up nicely.

12. Blueline29, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2015

Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'm waiting too, but mainly because I'm jailbroken & would prefer not to lose it until I get the new phone. Plus, as OP mentioned, it does somehow tend to make the phone feel more "new", at least to me, if the OS is new as well.

ETA: I am downloading it on my iPad mini, though, for funsies.

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

If you believe that using iOS 9 right now will cause it to be "less exciting" on your new phone then what does that say about either your new phone or iOS 9?

Are you creating unrealistic expectations in your mind?

14. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I always wait to install the new iOS every year until I get my new phone. It's generally a week or less anyways. It makes the phone feel that much more new. Call me crazy.

15. digitalcuriosity macrumors regular

Just how is it you post iSO9 is buggy?

16. Lspice thread starter macrumors regular

Lspice

Thank you! That's what I am trying to say. I wasn't trying to stir up anger.

17. Cryates macrumors 6502a

3D Touch alone, which is the biggest iOS 9 feature, will make it a brand new experience.

18. jtrue28 macrumors 6502

jtrue28

19. Broadus macrumors 6502a

Well, I updated my 4S to iOS 9. Somehow, I suspect the 6s will still feel new. Just a wild guess. :)

20. techiebug macrumors 6502a

21. danilko1 macrumors 6502a

danilko1

Don't wait, take it in...

I upgraded to iOS 9 on my 6 Plus and got 3D Touch!!!