iOS 9 Wi-Fi Issues

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Omen87, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Omen87 macrumors regular

Omen87

Ever since updating my 6 Plus to iOS 9 I've been having wi-fi issues. It'll work great for hours and then the do the whole thing where it says my password is wrong and the only way to correct it is to reset the network settings. Wasn't sure if anyone else was having these problems.

2. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

3. Omen87 thread starter macrumors regular

Omen87

I was afraid of that. :)

4. dearfriendx macrumors 6502

dearfriendx

I love both. Have for years. But wifi issues are just part of the platform it seems. There will be people who say hey I've never had a wifi issue since OS 10.1 but it's in the minority and they know it.

5. batting1000 macrumors 604

I've been using iOS since iOS 3 and OS X since Mountain Lion and I've never had any WiFi issues...and honestly I wouldn't say I'm in the minority either. The OP is a bad example of WiFi issues because they're using beta software.

6. Dmooney9 macrumors newbie

Dmooney9

I've been using iOS 9 public beta 2 and haven't had any Wi-Fi issues and I've been moving from home to other Wi-Fi locations without any problems. In fact I moved into a Wi-Fi area that I hadn't used in a year and it connected automatically

7. m2gc macrumors newbie

I get the same thing. Had it with my iPhone 6, then went back to 8.4.

I then upgraded my iPad Air 2 to PB2 and receive the same issues. Can work for a few hours or minutes and then drop. If I turn off WPA2 and go unsecured it works fine, but then once I secure the network again it goes back to dropping out.

Only fix when it drops is to reset network settings and then it connects perfectly again.

I know its not a hardware issue because 8.4 works rock solid on both the iPhone and iPad.

Work around I am currently using is a guest network on my local wireless as I hope for a fix in the next release or so.

BTW I have a EA3500 Linksys dual band router using a 2.4ghz and 5ghz WPA2 Personal wireless network

8. saudor macrumors 6502

i see it from time to time but a reboot fixes it for me

9. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Having similar problem on my Air 2 on pb2. WiFi will cut out and the symbol dissappears. The only way to get it back is to reboot or reset network settings. Very annoying.