iOS 9b4 Home Screen Position Gap

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by rstark18, Jul 21, 2015.

1. rstark18 macrumors 6502a

I'm new to 9 (loaded 9pb1 for 10 min but hated it). With 9b4 everything seems to be running smoothly enough BUT...
    Does anyone have input on the large gap between the top row of icons and the status bar on the home screen? This seems unusual for Apple who are usually very design conscious. I hope this is a beta issue and not intentional. It annoys me whenever I'm on the home screen.

2. moomanjohnny macrumors regular

moomanjohnny

Does it look like this?
    image.png
    Also, what device are you on?

3. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No. Everything WAS shifted a 1/4 icon lower. I just switch from zoom mode back to normal and then back to zoom which fixed it. Sorry to pull the trigger so fast. I should have screen captured before attempting to fix it.

On a side note. Everytime I switch screen modes (zoom/normal) the phone would completely turn off and freeze. The power button would not turn it back on. I had to to a hard reset to get it back.

4. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Do u have parallax on?

5. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

No. Everything seems normal now. I'm really liking this version. It's so much better than b3 for me.

6. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

image.png

Is this what you mean? Mine has been like this since about a week ago on beta 3. Nothing seems to fix it.

EDIT: I forgot to add that it doesn't do this in zoomed mode, but switching back and forth doesn't fix it.

7. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Could be. I was using zoomed mode. Can you put it in Zoom and take another screen shot and I can tell you for sure.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've had something like this (along with a few other issues like missing camera icon on the lockscreen), and the only thing that got it all back to normal was resetting all settings.

9. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

10. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I'll give it a try and see if it fixes it.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

Is that zoomed mode though? I thought there are 5 rows in zoomed mode.

12. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Going by your pics - normal mode seems like it's zoomed spacing without the large icons. Your zoomed mode looks like normal mode with the correct icon size/spacing.

13. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

It's definitely zoomed mode. I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like as I've never used it before :p

Something might be wrong. Even since about a week ago my home screen has been looking weird. Doesn't affect functionality though so I'm not too bothered by it.

I tried this and unfortunately it didn't fix the problem. It did make for some PITA re-setup though on lots of my settings :p

14. rstark18 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just noticed my screen was misaligned again today. Here are 4 screen captures that show before and after. To resolve it I switched from zoom to normal and back to zoom. It locks up the phone (Black screen non responsive to ANYTHING) each time I switch modes forcing me to do a hard reset.
    1. Zoomed View Misaligned
    2. Standard View Misaligned
    3. Zoomed View Aligned Correctly
    4. Standard View Aligned Correctly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]