HomeKit iOS alarm clock app with Philips Hue support?

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
Any suggestions for iOS apps that can set an alarm clock with Philips Hue support, other than Sleep Cycle?

I need something until Apple ties Homekit support into the Bedtime feature of the Clock app.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I can't help you with an app however I use a good morning scene that is set to the same time as my AM alarm via an automation. And I have a good night scene that I just use "Hey Siri" to activate when I'm going to bed.

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
What's your objection to sleep cycle? Works well for me.
The price. I am not paying my alarm clock as a service, and especially not at that obscene price. In fact, despite them having an extensive website, the price is not be found there!

I even payed for it before it became a service, well, tough luck for me, that money/functionality is now completely lost.

Last edited:

T'hain Esh Kelch

macrumors 603
Original poster
Aug 5, 2001
Denmark
I'm not paying a service for Sleep cycle. Just bought the app and that's it. Use it with Hue lights for years now. Works perfectly.
When you say 'bought' the app, what do you mean? Because the app is free on the App Store, and the only way to 'buy' it in-app is through the service requirement - Which is a requirement for Hue support.

BlankStar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Belgium
I bought sleep cycle years ago and got the premium services for free now. Just had to "reactivate inapp purchases" when the update came.

I use an automation at a fixed time though, just like cynics. It makes the lights go on, start up the coffeemaker, etc.