IOS Animations stuttering on iPad Air 2!! HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ShaunAFC3, Sep 2, 2016.

1. ShaunAFC3, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2016

ShaunAFC3 macrumors regular

Sometimes when I unlock the iPad while it goes to the home screen for no reason the animations there is a slight stuttering/lag during going to the home screen and this happens all so on when I try to switch or come off a app/game to the home screen and it is getting very annoying and frustrating!! :(

And at the same time I absolutely definitely have no apps/games running in the background so it definitely should NOT be happening on a iPad Air 2 which should not have any problems with IOS Animations!!! :(

And the IOS version that I have is the latest version on IOS 9 which it is 9.3.4 and the animations stuttering are getting worse and worse every freaking version!! :(

I really really hope Apple will fix this stupid stuttering during animations in IOS 10!!

And when the animations stutter it is only slightly but it still really annoying and is getting worse and it is starting to happen more often now as well! :(

But in the mean time how do I get rid of the animations stuttering like unlocking the iPad to the home screen and always make the animations smooth and not stuttering?? And does anyone has the same animations stuttering problem as me on a IPad Air 2??

Btw I have dropped my iPad Air 2(with out a case) on hard floor badly a quite a few times and has a small dent(which annoys the hell out of me) on the back of my iPad. So maybe the iPad especially inside externals like CPU is damaged so maybe I should I get the iPad repaired or maybe get a replacement at PC World(the place I bought the iPad). :(

I definitely don't understand why the IOS animations are stuttering on a iPad Air 2(which it is very powerful) because even my 4 year old iPod Touch with IOS 5 NEVER ever has any problems with stuttering with animations, It is always smooth!! :(

2. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

Lol. Comparing a 5 year old OS to a completely changed in every single way OS of today. I do hope you realize that iOS is a lot more demanding of hardware now than it was 5 years ago. No system ever can consistently pull off 100% smooth 100% of the time either. That's just not possible. Take a top end gaming PC and do a large raid in WoW. It can struggle here and there to keep up, even though it's specs FAR surpass any requirement the game needs. That's just the nature of computing, there can be hiccups from time to time.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Time for that IPad Pro. While the Air2 is a great device . . . . . .

4. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

I don't really have an issue with stuttering animations, but iOS 10 is way smoother and more responsive on my iPad Air 2.

Try the public beta now (it's very stable) or wait just a little bit longer. I'm sure you'll be happy with your iPad after the update.

5. Radon87000 macrumors 604

I was getting these atrocious stutters on iPad Air 2.It's a part of Apple's planned obsolescence policy.I have upgraded to iPad Pro recently and ZERO stutters.And when I say zero I mean zero.

6. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

heh, welcome to the club, I've learned to live with the stuttering since I got my (then) brand new iPhone 6+. It takes a few milliseconds for the graphics chip to wake up when there's something graphics intensive going on on the screen, that's why you see stuttering. Obviously, the faster chips wake up faster. My iPad Pro rarely stutters, now it's running iOS 10 which seems to be a little bit better than iOS 9.

7. Radon87000 macrumors 604

Its not the chip's fault.That same iPhone 6 was buttery smooth on iOS 8.4.1

8. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

Wait, is this an actual thing? I thought OP might be a rare case, but is everyone seeing stuttering on their iPad Air 2s? I know I'm not, or at least I don't notice it.

9. Radon87000 macrumors 604

You are wrong.I own a GTX 980 SLI gaming rig and no game has ever stuttered including the notorious Arkham Knight

10. oldmacs macrumors 68040

oldmacs

For whatever reason, on 64 bit iPads, Apple can't get iOS right in terms of stutter. My Mini 2 has stuttered since iOS 8, and the store iPad Pros (12.9 and 9.7) still occasionally stutter. Got zero stutter with my iPad 2 until iOS 7, when it was very occasional (even more occasionally in 7.1.2).

11. Channan macrumors 68030

Channan

12. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Yeah, but they added a lot of graphics effects in iOS 9. The first versions were awful on my iPhone 6+.

13. oldmacs macrumors 68040

oldmacs

I don't think everyone notices it. Its not all the time and its not every animation, but I've noticed it on the many iPad Air 2's I've used.

14. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

15. oldmacs macrumors 68040

oldmacs

And then you end up with a very annoying task switcher.

There isn't any reason why iOS shouldn't be able to handle fairly simple animations, hopefully iOS 10 fixes it.

16. Radon87000 macrumors 604

17. Math889 macrumors 65816

Me neither. actually IOS 9 was fast on my Air 2, and it's fast on IOS 10 .. no lag , animations are fluid, smooth as Butter, no stuttering . Air 2 is a beast!

18. Tsepz macrumors 68020

Tsepz

My Air 2 is running beautifully on iOS 9.3.5, seems to be just as fast as my bosses Pro 9.7.

Last time I saw major stutters was with iOS 7 on my old iPad 4, THAT was horrendous.

19. Smoovejayy macrumors regular

This. I'm on 9.3.5 and ever since ~9.1, my Air 2 is a little slower than it once was. My 6S handles iOS 10 very well. I'll wait until later this month to update my iPad. I'm hoping it will return to the performance I saw when I first got it, which was flawless.