iOS App Switcher Concept: Multitasking Redesign

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by jhead95, Mar 22, 2013.

1. jhead95 macrumors member

2. cynics, Mar 22, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2013

cynics macrumors G3

Uhh. That's Androids current app switcher nearly exactly in every way down to swipe to close.

Only difference is the apps on Android aren't live in that view, they are suspended. Pre iPhone 5 there isn't nearly enough ram to keep that many apps active. Navigation closes my tapatalk on my 4S after just a couple minutes.

I do like the Android like toggles accessed from the multitask tray, I think that's pretty clever.

Regardless that seems like an Android rip off in its current state.

Edit: Added picture. It's not a very accurate picture because its from a tablet but functionality is the same.

[​IMG]

3. kendo88 macrumors regular

Actually hoping something like this will come. Be much better, especially on the ipad where a lot of the UI looks kind of awkward on the larger screen (multitasking, notification centre)

I don't really see it as an android rip off though. It's something web OS did well before android. Think it's more of a natural progression of the current iOS UI.

Good mockup

4. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Auxo in the Jailbreak community does this with the existing Multitasking interface, but makes it much less intrusive.

Auxo + Zephry(a more customized gesture tweak) are two great ways to implement a better multitasking experience.

5. djtech42 macrumors 65816

djtech42

Clean, useful, and quick. Nice job! The live previews and toggles could satisfy people's need for widgets. That would be a nice replacement that looks nicer and still keeps things in the apps while allowing to get to different information quicker.

[​IMG]

6. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

No thank you. Hideous and clearly knocked off Android. After the fuss Apple has had about them stealing they won't open that nest on themselves

7. cobbyco macrumors 6502a

cobbyco

Aesthetically, this is nice. It gives that flat UI look that Ive is supposedly implementing in iOS at some point. I definitely could see this fitting in well in iOS.

In terms of functionality though, what's the point in live previews that you can't interact with? While you can look at an app you can't do anything else with it, making this pretty much as functional as the current switcher (minus the search feature and toggles, which I also like). I've created a concept for a switcher that implements such a feature. Combined with graphics from this concept it would be awesome. Take a look:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16982371

8. apachemanz macrumors newbie

multitasking redesign

something like this would be more practical functional and aesthetically pleasing..

Attached Files:

9. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Can people quit with the concepts already. Or maybe create a separate forum for concepts where people can drool over stuff Apple isn't working on.

10. MattInOz macrumors 68030

MattInOz

Or at least try to come up with some what "new" or original concepts.
    They all seem to be graphical tweaks of exactly the same thing.
    Most have been done as JB tweaks well before now anyway.

11. ajvizzgamer101 macrumors 65816

12. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Seriously, MR should create a sub forum where people can post concepts all they want. Or better yet, if these people think their concepts are so great send them to Apple.

Lately these concepts all look like JB tweaks or just ripping off Android or Windows 8. I would hope that Ive and team have more in them than that.

13. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

I would hope as well, however past years tells us that by and large the concepts are a lot more impressive than the product itself.