iOS auto-plays audio via speaker whenever my car turns off.

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Ekim Neems, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Ekim Neems macrumors member

Hey all,

I did some searching but couldn't find anything with a similar title.

Every time I turn my car off (2016 Subaru Legacy), my iPhone 6 running the latest iOS 9 starts playing the last thing I was currently playing (in this case, the Kindle app). I just did a few tests just to see when/why it's doing this.

I just got in my car (nothing was currently playing on my iPhone), turned it on, and never selected Bluetooth Audio as the source at all. It was just on the radio. Went for a quick drive, turned the car off, and sure enough my iPhone started playing outloud through the speakers.

I've read elsewhere that it's car-related, but wouldn't the car only be able to auto-play when it connects, not when it disconnects from the phone? Once the car is off, how can it tell the phone to play? It must be that the iPhone somehow thinks that I want to continue listening (even though I wasn't listening in the first place).

Of course this also happens when I actually am listening as well.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. kch50428 macrumors 6502

kch50428

If you use the car's bluetooth with the phone, the car's change in its power status is apparently sending a signal the phone interprets as "play music via speakers on phone" even when you weren't playing music at the time... consult with your vehicle's dealer to see that it has the latest firmware on its audio system.