ios backgrounder bug

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sd147, Jun 14, 2012.

1. sd147 macrumors newbie

hello

i found a problem with backgrounder
    when its installed my apps dont save my settings or recent activities like
    my last adresses in navigator .
    the apps restart everytime at the same point

after deleting backgrounder it works fine again

any ideas of fixing that?

greets

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Not using Backgrounder? It hasn't been updated in a long time. It barely supports iOS 5.

3. sd147 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for that magnificent answer
    anyway i dont have any problems with the backgrounder itself, it works fine
    and i like to use it.

i am just interested in that bug i explained above and maybe its a solveable issue.

4. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

You may not like the answer, but sometimes that's how it is with jailbreak apps that haven't been updated in a while. The lose some or all functionality and become buggy as new iOS's are released since they are less/not compatible.

5. sd147 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah ,please..

if anyone got some knowledge about the stuff im talking about
    i would like to listen to him thankfully.

and please dont tell me again not to use backgrounder, that answer is not anywhere near my question and has nothing to do with the thread. thanks!

6. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, You need to get a hold of the code, (I am not sure if the developer had release it as open source or not) and you need to modify how and where the variable are stored (also the type of definitions for it). the reason is that the data structure from iOS4 and iOS5 (even iOS6), had change considerably, Backgrounder was written and supported up to iOS4.

If you are looking for a quick fix like editing a file and changing a setting, you are a bit out of luck, that is not the case

7. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

Alright - since you don't like the explanation or the answer given, here:

No, there is no other tweak/fix you can do to make Backgrounder behave any differently.

8. The LPT macrumors regular

are you using backgrounder to disable multitasking altogether? If so an alternative would be to use "remove background" and assign it to the single home button click in activator (in application). This will close any apps everytime you exit an app.

you can also have exceptions for things you want to keep running.

I have my exceptions set up for settings, mail, messages, phone,(I use these the most) music, and navigon ( so they run in the background )

just make sure to turn off the message popup since that gets annoying after a while.

edit:
    with this method, the only thing it doesn't close is the current app your in. So you can go back to it you accidently hit the home button. It also gives the current app time to save its settings which seems like the problem you are having. Since background will kill the app before it can save its settings.

9. sd147 thread starter macrumors newbie

i See

thanks very much for your help
    ill try what lpt says

greets