Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumorschamp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
It takes a second to say, this and that works or does not. The more people who contribute to this, the better. There are many reasons to use a beta firmware despite warnings about using it on a device that is relied upon and used daily. Some times, just knowing certain apps you rely on run is enough despite bugs or deactivated features, in order to take part and contribute.

Please add comments on what apps are running and not running with/without issue and I will add them to the top of this list. Include games, apps, jailbreak apps, everything you can think of.

Broken Apps as of Beta 2:
Chase
TextFree
Weather Channel Max (app crashes, but push notifications work)
SplashTop

Working/Fixed Apps as of Beta 2:
National Rail
Beejive IM
Instapaper
Tweetbot
Reeder
Runkeeper (pace announcements are not working)

Last edited:

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
Please add comments on what apps are running and not running with/without issue and I will add them to the top of this list. Include games, apps, jailbreak apps, everything you can think of.

Beta 1 broke national rail app, but under beta 2 it's working fine. Beejive is working.

I've not had a chance to see if Facebook has the same problems as in beta 1, where it would claim you have no internet connection when trying to make a comment whilst on a Cellular Data connection (GPRS/Edge/3G) even though you had one.

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
I've been using Instapaper, Reeder, Tweetbot with out issues. RunKeeper works but voice isn't announcing pacing. Everything else works.

macrumorschamp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Their is already a current and active thread regarding broken apps/compatibility issues.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1166584/

As far as current and active goes, that's up for debate. It looks like only beta 1 compatibility is listed there except for one comment. Besides, that manner of commenting for this purpose will leave it a mess.

Having the first comment updated to reflect each comment left will prevent users from having to read pages of a thread to find what they need. I can log on periodically throughout the day to update the first page.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
As far as current and active goes, that's up for debate. It looks like only beta 1 compatibility is listed there except for one comment. Besides, that manner of commenting for this purpose will leave it a mess.

Having the first comment updated to reflect each comment left will prevent users from having to read pages of a thread to find what they need. I can log on periodically throughout the day to update the first page.
Amen. That's the way those threads ought to work. Keep beta 1 and 2 separate please. Thank you for starting this one OP.

flightsimmer

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
O'Fallon, IL
The Weather Channel Max iPhone app is somewhat broken under beta 2. The app will try to load the weather / map data and crash before displaying the map, but the push notifications work for severe weather.

macrumorschamp

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 1, 2010
Thanks and keep the app crash updates coming! Throw in a bunch of apps. I know you all don't just sync 1 or 2 apps to your phone so list a bunch of apps! Throw in games, utilities, photo apps, you name it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.