iOS Beta 2 Photo albums

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sensamic, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Hey all.

I just read that when creating a new album on photos, the pictures you add to them remain on the original collection, and if you delete them on the original collection then they disappear too on the new folder.

Is this true?

I find this a HUGE problem. I really like to divide my pictures into folders and Ive been waiting for this feature years, and now it has this stupid problem. Do you guys think its a bug and will be fixed on following betas?

I would hate this continues on the final release. What a mess. Makes no sense to me to keep the same picture twice when you just want to move it to another folder...

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Welcome to a beta product. However, since this is a beta product directly covered by the NDA a better place for your observation would be at:
    http://developer.apple.com/support/ios/
    I'm sure in there you'll find other dev's that are in agreement with you.

That said, it is just a beta and this might change in the next 8 beta releases coming up. We'll see.

3. wvphysics macrumors regular

Report it to apple as a bug. If that was their intent and enough people report it as a bug, they'll read it as a suggestion that maybe alot of people do not like it. My guess is its a known bug that will get fixed, but is not a high priority for now.

4. mactmaster macrumors 6502

The behavior you describe works that way by design; it is not a bug. The iPhone already does this in iOS 4. When you sync several photo albums from your computer you still have a "Photo Library" item that lists all your combined photos.

In iOS 5 you have the ability to create albums to separate photos but the Camera Roll will remain as a place to show all your combined photos. Note that your phone won't be storing duplicate copies of photos, the albums are only there for organization. Also, photos must remain in the Camera Roll in case you want to transfer them onto your computer.

This is the way photo albums work on iPhoto as well. People must keep in mind the feature gives you photo albums NOT folders. There is no manipulation of the filesystem when dealing with photo albums.