iOS Beta Suggestion...

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by spizer511, Jun 19, 2014.

1. spizer511 macrumors newbie

spizer511

Anyone with the ability to provide feedback to Apple in the Beta... What do you think about suggesting the addition of adding a Location Services toggle to the Control Center? As a means of protecting precious battery life, this seems like a no-brainer.

Furthermore (and I could be alone in this, but) is there anyone else out there that would find a Location Services toggle in the Control Center infinitely more useful than the Do not Disturb? My use of Do not disturb is so akin to Airplane Mode (ie, I don't want to be disturbed, but don't want to turn off my phone and might as well save a bit of battery) that having both in the Control Center simply feels redundant. I realize I might be unique in this, but there you go.

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The way location services works in iOS is already a no brainer. Unless an app is requesting your location (which is indicated by the solid white arrow in the status bar) it is NOT using battery. There is no point of adding a toggle for it. This isn't Android.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's even simpler than that, the suggestion, which has already been made by many since iOS 7 days, is to allow people to customize the options in their control center. It doesn't really have much to do with iOS 8 or the betas. Feel free to make it at http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

----------

The use of Do Not Disturb and Airplane Mode is somewhat different for most people--in one case you don't want to have notifications bother you but you still want them to come in and you still want calls or some calls to come through perhaps, in the other case you don't get anything coming in at all until you reconnect and even then perhaps some notifications won't come through right away or perhaps even get lost until you check on then later. Fairly different uses. Perhaps not for you, but for most.