iOS/Blackberry/Exchange Help!

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by tubaguy63, Feb 16, 2013.

1. tubaguy63 macrumors newbie

At work, we use blackberries and an exchange server. I have an assigned blackberry which I only use for mobile email. I use my iPhone 5 for calls and everything else on the go. I also use it for my calendar and contact management. Everything is locked down to the point where I can't seem to manually enter the settings to log in to the exchange server on my iPhone.

My primary concern is to have my iOS calendar sync with my office calendar. I was able to do this for awhile by using google sync on my blackberry. It would sync the blackberry/exchange calendar with google calendar. My iOS calendar is currently synced with google calendar. Google ended support for google sync blackberry in September. I can setup a google exchange account on my blackberry but it creates a second calendar on the blackberry and doesn't sync the work calendar to google.

Ultimately, I want to be able to add an appointment on my iPhone and have it reflect o. My office calendar.

Note, my office computer is locked down and I am unable to install software on it. Otherwise, I would install google sync for my desktop

Thank you in advance!

2. MainStream macrumors member

MainStream

Maybe I am missing your point, but why don't you set up a MS Exchange account on your iPhone and just have it sync to the activities you want. You can set your Exchange account to sync or not sync with mail, calendar, contacts and such.

3. tubaguy63 thread starter macrumors newbie

That would be easiest; however my iphone cannot have access to the company exchange server. It's against corporate policy since my employer doesn't own the device.

4. RandomKamikaze macrumors 6502a

RandomKamikaze

Is the iPhone yours or your employers?

If it's yours, why is it locked down so much? If it's your employers then they do own the device and therefore should allow it.

If it's a case that they don't allow ActiveSync, that's a different matter, and nothing you can do about it.