iOS callers keep hearing the ringing sound after I answer

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Narien, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Narien macrumors member

I have an iphone 6, my mother has an iphone 4s. When she calls me and I am at home (my phone is connected to my home network), she keeps hearing the ringing sound as if I didn't answer, we can still talk however.

I do have a macbook air 2011 as well. Previously I activated continuity with the continuity activation tool, but have since disabled it.

Has anyone heard of this issue? Or have any idea of how to stop it?

2. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Are you using WiFi calling, or VoLTE or anything like that (in case that might be playing some role)?

3. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

I have something similar and I only noticed it for the first time today. We had a problem with our land line and had an engineer out to fix the problem and when testing the phone he rang my number(iPhone 6) and when he rang my phone he just hung up without me answering but my iPhone kept ringing for 30 seconds or so after. I tested this with other people ringing me and it was the same. If I answer I can hear myself talking, like an echoe.

4. Narien thread starter macrumors member

I don't think so, but is there any way I can check it?

Not quite the same issue, I don't really notice this issue myself (today I faintly heard the ringing through the call). It is the caller that gets the issue.

5. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

You would have those options enabled in your cellular/mobile settings on the phone, depending on whether or not your carrier might offer those options.

6. Narien thread starter macrumors member

It does not appear I have that option.

7. Narien thread starter macrumors member

I just realized one thing. Since I've been using the continuity activation tool, and everytime osx is updated kext files seems to be reverted, I might have overwritten the original kext files with "continuity unlocked files", if that is the case, and that is in fact the problem I either have to wait for the next osx update or reinstall :(