iOS, car, and BT profiles.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iammike1, Feb 13, 2016.

1. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

So when I start my car the car and iPhone will connect via BlueTooth for calls and music. The problem is, I do not stream music over BT as I'm usually listening to XM. The problem is, when the phone is connected to the car and I'm not listening to the BT stream, all phone audio for alerts and such is routed to that BT feed...which means I hear nothing at all.

If I change the AirPlay setting on my phone every time I get in my car, it behaves as I like but I've found no way to make it default to anything but the BT source upon connection each time.

Back in my dark days with Android, you could go into the BT device and select to connect to Phone, Music, or both and it would remember that setting. Is there any way to do this on the iPhone? I just want the phone to connect for calls.

2. gman901 macrumors 6502a

I know exactly what you mean coming from a GS6 Edge. I don't see that as an option. As a matter of fact, in my Jeep, if I'm already connected to a BT headset, Uconnect doesn't connect to the android phone. I noticed that the iPhone allows you to connect to both your headset and Uconnect at the same time. Seems like we just need to accept the Apple way of handling BT routing.