ios clean install/restore question, iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wylde06, Nov 7, 2014.

1. wylde06 macrumors newbie

If this has been covered, I apologize...my search ninja skills may be lacking this morning...

So this morning iTunes decided to screw up my phone and now im pretty sure I have to do a clean install. I went to add an album to my phone, and during the usual sync process..iTunes decided to download/install every app i've downloaded in the last year and take up 3 times the space. I deleted the apps after the sync (took up the rest of my space) then all of my music dissapeared but is still somewhere on the phone. Free space is only at 2.2gb. Over 2000 songs "gone" should leave me with more than 2.2gb free. AND now iTunes is telling me im over capacity by 18gb...

Anyways, my question is if I do a clean install of ios 8...is it then possible to downgrade to 8.0.2? I don't want the latest version because I manually enter my blood sugar readings 5 or 6 times a day and dont want to have to download a seprate app for...plus I have no issues with 8.0.2.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

No. You cannot load lower than 8.1 at this point.

3. Tyler23, Nov 7, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2014

Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

You can not downgrade. You'd be stuck at 8.1.

4. wylde06 thread starter macrumors newbie

So because thats the version I have thats what would install?

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Sorry that was a typo. If you restored, it would update you to 8.1 and you would be stuck there. You could not downgrade to 8.0.2.

6. wylde06 thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess I will just have to deal with it and download a seperate app for now until they fix the healthkit blood glucose monitoring. Which I hope is soon.