iOS color preference?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by teknikal90, Mar 12, 2012.

?

What color combination do you like on your iOS devices?

1. White iPad + White iPhone

51 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. Black iPad + Black iPhone

73 vote(s)
    45.6%
  3. White iPad + Black iPhone

16 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Black iPad + White iPhone

20 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. teknikal90 macrumors 68030

teknikal90

Hi all,

Now that the new iPad is out, just wondering what the color preference distribution is now.

When the iPad 2 came out, black seemed to be the default colour - following iPad 1.

But now, it looks like Apple is once again pushing white as its signature color (the first new iPad photo shown was white, and like 90% of all marketing materials for the new iPad shows it in white)

So I'm just wondering what the consensus is now :)

Poll below.

For me: I like my iPhone in Black, and iPad in white. I think the white iPhone looks odd, with its hard, square edges, the soft white doesn't match well with it... like an attempt to make the otherwise masculine design more feminine (like every other phone manufacturers out there trying make a girl's version of a phone)...the iPad however, looks cool with the white, with its more tapered and soft curves - gives it sort of a more high-tech look... just my take.

2. Moonjumper macrumors 68000

I think the all black design looks cleaner. The white version has the surface areas broken up more.

3. i0Nic macrumors 65816

I'm the opposite - I like the iPhone 4S in white, but I think the white iPad is a bit too distracting for what is essentially a media device.

With the iPad, I like the device to melt away so you just focus on the screen. That is achieved best with the black iPad.

However with the iPhone, it doesn't seem to cause as much problem, and instead I like the fresh look of the white.

4. ejisfun macrumors regular

Black for both - looks sweet with carbon fiber skins. :cool:

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

iOS is the worlds most advanced mobile operating system.:D

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

White iPhone 4s and white iPad2 and soon to be white "new" iPad. They match my white Yukon, and white sailboat.

7. teknikal90 thread starter macrumors 68030

teknikal90

interesting that the all black combination still tops the poll, even when the white colour's been the centre of all new apple marketing pieces.

I hope they bring back white - i liked how the early 2000 ipods stood out.

i liked the 4s in black cause it matched my macbook's screen...the ipad was given to me in white - at first i hated it, but now i've grown to love it, especially with the red cover.:)

8. BiggAW macrumors 68020

I agree. I also think the iPad is a little big to be totally blacked out. I am going to get the New iPad as my first iPad, and I'm seriously thinking about white, even though I normally totally black out most of my devices. I will look at both in the store before deciding. I would probably get a black smart cover and back either way.

9. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I buy nearly everything in black, including my clothes. That being said, I love my white iPhone and wouldn't go back. iPad is better in black though, IMO, because of its larger bezel.

10. brandon8419 macrumors member

11. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

12. unobtainium macrumors 68000

For some reason, iPad looks nicer in white to me, but the iPhone is the opposite and looks better in black. Mixing and matching them looks kind of nice too. I believe Apple does that in a lot of their marketing materials (black iPhone up against a white iPad).

13. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I have a white iPhone and black iPad. I briefly toyed with the idea of getting the iPad in white so that it would match but ultimately the black won my vote. It just looks more sleek and professional, in my opinion.

And while I've enjoyed my white iPhone 4S since its launch, I think I'll go back to black this fall for the new iPhone. One of the main reasons I even got the white 4S was because I wanted to "see something different" from what I'd been carrying around over the last year (the black iPhone 4). The change of color made it feel like a "new" phone since Apple didn't give us a redesign.

14. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

For me..I love black. And the amount of black things in my room is just....so much that one might as well call me "goth".
    But, I just really like the color black..and blue..and black..and sometimes red..

It's personal preference really.

15. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

16. unibility Suspended

Bragging ONLY gets you robbed. :D