Resolved iOS Commercial Questions

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by dynamixkid, Mar 14, 2011.

1. dynamixkid, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011

dynamixkid macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm looking for some key bits of information before I take the plunge and start developing some iOS apps, mainly for the iPad (due to the form-factor).

Key questions:
    - Does anyone have a copy of, or link to, the terms of service? I have the "guidelines", but I'd like to see some TOCs to identify a couple of key points. Like the right Apple reserve to remove ones app.. Can they do this immediately, without warning, for whatever reason? Etc etc

- I understand Apple take 30% commission from each app sale, but I cannot find a number for the commission they take from in-app purchases of virtual or physical goods. I'm assuming they take some cut from the in-app transactions as well?

Thanks a lot,

DD

2. vettori macrumors 6502a

It's the developer agreement, I'm not sure but you should find it in the developer website: developer.apple.com

In-app are also at 30% but (as far as I know) you can't sell physical goods with in-app purchases.

3. dynamixkid thread starter macrumors newbie

I've looked all over the place, but cannot seem to find the terms and conditions :(..

Only "guidelines"..

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

What have you found. Provide a direct link.

5. chown33, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

chown33 macrumors 604

If you already have an Apple ID, visit the Developer Support Center and ask them this question:
    Where can you obtain the complete contractual terms and conditions before enrolling in the program?

Also see Question #4 here:
    http://developer.apple.com/support/registered/
    What are the terms and conditions of being registered as an Apple Developer?

Or you could fake it. Start the signup process. After entering some info (which can be fake), you will be asked to agree to the Terms and Conditions. Stop at that point and get the entire T&C document, which is a PDF file. Bookmark the URL of the PDF (it's probably a simple static URL, not a dynamic one) so you can come back and read it later.

Start here:
    http://developer.apple.com/programs/start/register/create.php

I just followed the above procedure and easily came up with a URL for the PDF, for an enrollee with a USA address, and the Individual iOS Developer Program.

If you're in another country or jurisdiction, a different contract may apply. So I recommend following the procedure yourself, using correct info for your location, in order to get the proper contract.

6. dynamixkid thread starter macrumors newbie

Genius (or more me being blind!).

Thanks a lot! Really helpful guys.