Ios data tracker or whatever it is

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Closingracer, Nov 10, 2015.

1. Closingracer macrumors 68000

[​IMG]

Noticed it said I used 64GB this billing period which for me is absurd. School has wifi and I barely get service at school with sprint. Even since owning this phone perhaps I used 64gb of data

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

"Current period" is since you last reset it, not your billing period. You phone has no idea when your billing period is(n't). Scroll to the bottom. You can see "Reset Statistics" and then below that is a note of when they were last reset.

3. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68000

Ah thanks. I know on Android it had a feature which did billing cycles so I figured it worked like that

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Typically apps from cellular providers can track that. I know I have one with Verizon that tracks it as a widget from the pull-down menu.

5. Closingracer thread starter macrumors 68000

I use sprints but u noticed ios had one and checked it.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I usually reset it myself on the last night of my billing cycle to get a better idea what apps used how much this far.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I've always wondered why Apple doesn't just let us put a date in for when to reset every month. I have tried to remember, but short of setting a reminder (don't really care enough to got hat far), it generally doesn't happen on time. I am also prety sure it would ick up streaming data anyway, which doesn't count since I am on TMO now anyway, so I don't see the point. I would've liked it on ATT though.

8. Ledsteplin macrumors 6502

Ledsteplin

I set a reminder to reset statistics for the first day of my billing cycle. I usually do it right after midnight.

9. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

It would be nice if AT&T had a widget like this.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I have done this but in terrible at reminders lol. Kids. Dogs. Wife. Unless I'm at work things don't ever go as planned.

I guess I could set it for the middle of thrifty at work!

To me this is one of those simple "quality of life" issues that Apple has simply not cared about in iOS. It's like scheduling a text. I ran across a thread the other day for 2011 where someone wanted to schedule a text. The resolution was setting up a reminder to do it. In the grand scheme of things these issues are all relatively minor, but a bunch of minor conveniences are what make up an awesome OS. Maybe someday.

11. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Have you sen the app "Due"? It bothers you continuously until you mark the task as done. I don't personally have it, but I've seen several who swore by it.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/due-reminders-countdown-timers/id390017969?mt=8