Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
In my Gmail inbox I have organised with labels (folders) and sometimes have subfolders under.

eg Holidays
|
|—2022
|—2021
etc

I don’t use, or want to, the GMail iOS app as iOS default Mail app is fine in the most part.

However I can add the main label, but can’t see the others under this.

Is this a bug of iOS 16, as I’m sure it used to show, but I can’t see them now.

Thanks

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Think I know what’s happened.

Clicking on anywhere but the small blue > just goes into that label.

You have to specifically tap the blue > to get it to show the nested labels!

Everyday’s a learning day….

Last edited:

DogMom1113

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2023
I’m new to this forum and need help! I’m on iPhone 14 with OS16 and need the step-by-step process to nest one label under another. I board dogs and want to have a label with the dog’s name nested under AA CLIENTS. That way all communication between me and the owner will be organized and safe. Can anyone help me with this process? Thank you in advance.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I’m new to this forum and need help! I’m on iPhone 14 with OS16 and need the step-by-step process to nest one label under another. I board dogs and want to have a label with the dog’s name nested under AA CLIENTS. That way all communication between me and the owner will be organized and safe. Can anyone help me with this process? Thank you in advance.

In iOS Mail app go to your Mailboxes where it shows all your mailboxes and email accounts.

Click edit at top right, click new mailbox, then chose and name for label, and the location.

Beligerent

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2003
Concord, NH
Using Gmail with the stock mail app has been buggy since at least 2009. In fact labels vs folders are one of the biggest sticking points to using Gmail with Apple Mail

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.