Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alex415

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
Has anybody else had the same problem as me, i purchased an ios developer account on saturday and still havent gotten my activation email. i called the developer support and all they said was that i had to wait for this problem to be resolved, anybody have any clue when it is going to be fixed, and the activation emails sent out?

idkmybffjon

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2011
breathe friend, it takes a while to be approved. maybe a week. maybe a little less.

i don't want to tell you your business but if you're doing this for the iOS 5 betas id strongly suggest you reconsider. its fun to play with for a few days but after that its a strong headache. if you're not up for the task and aren't willing to accept that it may be another month before the beta is completed and really useable, don't install it. (oh and it will make most of your app store purchased apps break)

good luck

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I'd say wait upto 7 days. That should be ample time. I agree with poster above me that if you're doing this for iOS5 to play with, then you will cry. If you're doing for developmental purposes then welcome to the game.

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
good luck. it was hell when I signed up I had to send them copys of my license that were notorized and everything else. I got it dont in 3 days because I kept calling and wouldnt take no for an answer so they did it by email instead of fax because they couldnt find the fax.

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
I'm not sure if you are registering as a person or a company, but the company registration can take a little while. I registered (my company) on Aug 5th (Sat) and shortly received a request for documentation the same day. I submitted my documentation by fax on Aug 7th (Mon), and they confirmed receipt on Aug 8th (Tues). On Aug 11th (Fri) I received a phone call to confirm they could actually contact me, and shortly afterwards received an email letting me know I could continue. That same day I purchased the program, and by the next day (Sat, Aug 12), I had full access to iTunes Connect, etc. So it took exactly a week to process everything, although it seems they had no problems at all in processing my documents.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.