iOS Developer Membership

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by cmakohon, Aug 8, 2014.

1. cmakohon macrumors newbie

I have a quick question. My iOS developer membership is set to expire August 19. If I install iOS 8 Beta 5 on my iPhone, will I be able to continue to update to future beta releases of iOS 8 after my membership has expired? Thanks in advance for any responses!

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I would expect access to new iOS betas to quit working the day your membership expires, unless Apple decides to do a public beta. They do this for OSX but not for iOS. Of course any OS you have already installed should keep working (for a while). I remember having a developer preview of Windows 8 and it turned out to be time-bombed. I've never found out if any of my OSX versions were time-bombed because I quit using them when the real thing came out. Sadly I've never had time to tinker with betas of iOS so I can't directly help you there.

3. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

afaik nope officially, I guess you can side load it

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Folks are reporting that their phones crash and must be activated again. You won't be able to do that after the 19th.

Someone post if I'm wrong, this is information from other threads.

5. CutterSlade macrumors regular

CutterSlade

No, there's no official way to do that. I'm not sure that an unofficial one exist either.

6. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

My account expired in mid July, yet I am still able to install betas OTA.

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I should have been clearer in my response. You are correct and others report the same thing. It's only if your phone loses it's activation will there be a problem.