iOS device is no longer available for continuity

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by mrcarter2, Jun 20, 2014.

1. mrcarter2 macrumors member

Anybody else suddenly get this message on update 1 out of nowhere? Continuity was working fine all week but I suddenly got this message and now my Mac doesn't recognize my iPhone of iPad for handoff activity anymore. My iPhone and iPad still recognize my Mac though. Any fixes?

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I got this when I went back from 8 - 7.1.1

If you're still on 8 + Yosemite, it should *technically* work, but continuity is glitches galore at this time...

Some have gotten it to work, albeit inconsistently, with a reboot.

3. b1gted macrumors regular

b1gted

Just got the exact same message and now my phone with iOS 8 beta no longer works with OS X 10.10 continuity. it was a pop up message saying my phone was a no longer available for continuity. Why the world would that be?

4. mrcarter2 thread starter macrumors member

I'm gonna try logging out of my iCloud account and then logging back in on all of my devices. Hopefully that reestablishes the handoff connection

5. NJRonbo macrumors 68000

I am *guessing* continuity is still not realized with this DP2.

I got a continuity available message between my late 2012 rMBP and iMac (both running Yosemite)

However, trying to connect both via Bluetooth was impossible. The option to pair was greyed out.

...and yes, I did enable handoff/continuity under General Settings.

Not certain if anyone has actually been able to get this to work under DP2 but I imagine by the time we hit BETA it should be functioning normally.