iOS devs, small question for you.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but it's a small question so, I'll just post it here.

iOS devs, do you read customer reviews?

If somebody leaves you a review on iTunes for your app, do you get a notification of it?

Normal users for example can't see reviews from other counties, i.e. an iTunes user in UK can't see American reviews of the same application, unless you switch the region in your iTunes... is it the same for devs? If I leave a review in a UK region iTunes, will the developer(if he is an American) have to switch his iTunes to read my review?

I want to suggest some features/feedback on some apps and I'd really like it if the developer noticed those so I don't type a lot in wain.

2. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

How about just contacting the developer directly in addtion to leaving a short review?

3. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

IMO a review with suggestions and a rating would attract a developers attention more than an email.

4. JASApplications macrumors 65816

You don't get an email from Apple saying a review is posted. However, most developers use an analytics service such as AppFigures, AppViz, AppAnnie etc and the dev gets notified if a new review is posted.

However to be honest, it's easier just to contact the developer directly!

5. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

The best way to request features and give feedback is to email the developer directly. The reviews is more for other people to know if an app is good or not.

6. Cod3rror thread starter macrumors 68000

Cod3rror