ios download help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jgibbs347, Jun 14, 2011.

1. jgibbs347, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

jgibbs347 macrumors newbie

HELLPPPP. I am trying to upgrade my iphone 4 to IOS 4.3.3. i am using itunes10.3.1 on a windows 7 pc using wifi. every time i have tried to do this in the past, the download stops in the middle and itunes wont let me continue download, i have to restart it. in order to update in the past, i have had to hard wire my computer to the internet which is a pain in the a**. any ideas what the problem is? I've tried to google the problem but haven't found a relevant solution. please help. am so frustrated.
    p.s. turning off my fire wall doesnt help

2. ylerT macrumors regular

ylerT

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-1011.20110503.q7fGc/iPhone3,1_4.3.3_8J2_Restore.ipsw

Hopefully that link is allowed. Copy and paste into your browser. That's a direct download link from Apple's servers for iPhone 4 4.3.3. Download that to your desktop to make things easier.

Connect your phone and open iTunes. Hold shift on your keyboard and click update while your still holding shift. This will bring up a file directory. Navigate to your desktop and select that file you just downloaded. Sit back and allow your phone to update.

If this doesn't work I'd suggest going into the iTunes folder on your computer. That folder holds all the previously downloaded IPSW files. It may have a corrupt file in there. If that's the case you'll most likely need to delete all the old files and start from fresh.

3. jgibbs347 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanx so much. that worked like a charm. and was so easy.