ios download pushed to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by miraishak, Nov 17, 2013.

1. miraishak macrumors member

i have an iphone 4 running ios 6.1.3

ios 7.0.3 pushed itself to be downloaded to my iphone when i was connected to wifi. it occupied about 3 Gb of memory, which is fine since i had 10Gb free on my phone. i did not install it and i do not want to. now when i connected my phone to itunes it detected 7.0.4

my question is, if i connect my phone to wifi is 7.0.4 gonna download itself to my phone? is it gonna go over the 7.0.3 that has downloaded already or is it gonna occupy additional space?

another question, since ios updates now download themselves automatically, what if i am traveling to another country and i am on wifi and the phone started downloading the ios update while i am abroad, does the ios version differ according to the country i am in? am i gonna be getting an incompatible version with my region?

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

I believe 7.0.4 will download ONLY if ur phone has more than 3 GB scratch space available.

Overseas... My guess is Apple goes by what your phone is already identified as, and not affected by travelled locations. ITunes store access, different matter.