Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jAuriya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Hello everyone!

I have looked at all the categories but since the iOS Developer enrollment falls under..well, the development on an iPhone/iPod Touch I thought this would be the best place to post it, if I'm wrong, please delete/move the thread.

Monday I signed up for the iOS Development and paid the price. However I have used my fiance's credit card since I'm expecting my own card back in a week or so (magnet strip was borked.)

But since my name I gave for my account did not match the one on the credit card used they had problems verifying my "identity".
Now I have to fax a document back, which I have already done, but I have a question about it after all, just in case my worry is correct.

They asked me to fax the document to: +1 (408) 862-1519
Since I don't have a Fax I'm using PamFax to fax my document.
However after having entered +14088621519 (which PamFax is showing is the US) I get the name "Snjs West" between 2 brackets. Is this the place Apple would be (where I'm faxing it to?)

Googling the name doesn't help much, I live in Sweden so I know as good as nothing about the US or it's area names.

If someone else had to go through this, and perhaps could verify I faxed my document to the right place, I'd be very, very grateful!

PamFax screenshot:
148f35.jpg

Enrollment mail screenshot:
2vjr58m.jpg

Knowing the speed Apple handles things, I'm not expecting a quick handling on my document, but at least I want to be sure I faxed it to the right place.
I hope I did!

Anyway, sorry if this is a wrong area to post this, if it is let me know and I'll delete the thread, or a mod can. :)

Kind Regards,
Jonathan

ulbador

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2010
That means it's a number in West San Jose (a large city in California). Probably pretty accurate for Apple.

jAuriya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Hello again!

Apparenly the document I faxed back was not correct.
I sent a copy of my passport.

The reply I got was this;
2v29suf.jpg

What would a notarized (certified notary public signature and seal) or solicitor certified photocopy of the documentation be exactly?

I don't have a drivers license/etc, so I believe my passport was the best thing I could send to id myself?

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
What would a notarized (certified notary public signature and seal) or solicitor certified photocopy of the documentation be exactly?
Take a copy of your passport to a notary public (and have them notarize it) or to a solicitor (and have them certify it). Then fax that back to Apple.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
Maybe it would be simpler to wait for your own credit card.

Unless you need something right now that you can only get from the paid part of the developer program, it seems to me that waiting until you can do it with the least effort is time well spent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.