IOS file sharing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by tobywonkanobe, Jul 3, 2015.

1. tobywonkanobe macrumors newbie

tobywonkanobe

Just installed Server.

Saw this page at Apple.
    http://www.apple.com/osx/server/features/

Says all of the sharing you can do. Looked for docs on sharing to IOS devices. None. Called Apple. They don't know how. 54 minutes later they tell me I need a third party app. Then email me and say they can't help. How is it they can clearly make a claim and not back it up?

Any help on doing this?

2. tobywonkanobe thread starter macrumors newbie

tobywonkanobe

Now they call me and say that WebDAV only works with Keynote and Pages. I never asked to use WebDAV. I only asked to do (from their page):

[​IMG]
    It’s now easier than ever to share folders, exchange files, and access documents on a Mac, iPad, or PC. SMB3 — the new, superfast protocol for sharing files in OS X Server..."

Then they tell me I need to hire a consultant to figure this out.
    REALLY!

Hey Apple, you made the claim now back it up! Just point me to the page in your support documentation that tells me how to "Share a folder, Exchange Files and Access Documents" on an IOS device.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Unfortunately, Apple chose not to incorporate a file manager even for OS X Server users. There are a number of third party apps you can try on the App Store, but it is definitely a sore lack of functionality.

4. tobywonkanobe thread starter macrumors newbie

tobywonkanobe

#Altemose But to make those claims and not even know how it's done.

5. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Apple should disclose how limited the functionality actually is and have the support staff trained on what OS X Server is actually capable of and what it is not.