iOS Handoff Inconstancies

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by mrcarter2, Jun 7, 2014.

1. mrcarter2, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2014

mrcarter2 macrumors member

I've gotten Handoff set up and running properly between all thee of my devices (Mac, iPhone 5, iPad air) however it seems to update inconsistently. For example ill be browsing in safari on my iPad and the other devices won't recognize I'm in safari until i go back to the home screen and go into safari once again. Basically the devices aren't updating themselves enough. This happens on both my Mac and my iOS devices. Anyone else have this issue?

----------

And btw I'm well aware that this is a beta and betas have issues, just trying to see if this is a common issue or if its a fault on my end :)

2. mrcarter2 thread starter macrumors member

3. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

4. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

to be honest Apple has had 2 years of iMessage/Facetime "proto-handoff" trial and they can't even handle those 2 services. Don't expect Handoff to work consistently at all during at least the next year.

5. iolinux333 macrumors 68000

Oh my glaring truth is that allowed?!?!

:confused:

:eek:

6. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

well after trying very hard I just ended up logging out from imessage/facetime on my macs and ipads.. it was a real pain .. missing messages, constant notifications, messages reported to be delivered that didnt reach ANY of the 3 devices..........