iOS help for Iphone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jay Glaus, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Jay Glaus, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

Jay Glaus macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I am new to the forum but have been a long time apple user. My first iPhone was a 3G and I have been a fan of them ever since. Recently though, I'm a little dismayed/confused with my new 5S, mainly the iOS 7. Here's the full story, hopefully someone out there can help.

I had previously been using my iPhone 4S which I had had just over two years. I was running iOS 6, and loved that phone. When 7 came out, my mother had put it in her 4S (she updates everything ASAP). I wanted to see what it was like before I put it on mine, so I used her phone for a bit. I know it does some great things, and I'm sure a lot of people like it better than 6. But, personally myself, I do not. There wasn't any one thing in particular that did it for me, I just liked the look and feel of 6 better. I thought maybe I just need to use it a little more and let it grow on me, which I tried, but it just wasn't there for me. I like 6 better. So naturally, I did not upgrade my phone, and kept it the way I liked.

That was all fine till a little while ago. One day, for no reason, my home button went nuts. It would throw itself into voice control, dial random people, it was bad. I figured like most problems people have with buttons, it was just a build up of dirt on the contacts. I cleaned it, but I knew that wouldn't help. You could just feel it had no "press" to it anymore. I didn't have time to order a replacement button and put it in, and since I had to keep my phone off until I went to use it, I decided to take it to the apple store. Naturally, they couldn't fix it and I had to get a new phone. I honestly was going to get a 4S, but they only come in the small capacity now. Since I use this phone for my work, I need more space. So I ended up going with the 5S 32gig.

It had iOS 7 on it of course, and I tried for a long time just using it and trying to get used to it, but I still find myself really wishing I had iOS 6, if no other reason but the way it looks and how it "feels". It's probably stupid, but that's just how I feel.

I have found out of course, that you cannot downgrade your iOS. However, if there's one thing I've learned in the world of technology... someone always finds a way. On that note, is there anyone out there who can help me get iOS 6 on my new 5S? I like the 5S and think it it built well, and is a good device, I just want it to have 6 on it with a passion.

I understand some apps and/or updates can only run on 7, but I'm ok with that. It's simply a personal preference and believe since it is my phone, and I have to use it, I should be able to use it how I would like to.

If anyone can help me out here, any advice, would be great, I'm open to anything. Thanks in advance!!!
    Jay

2. chrisl123 macrumors member

Since every device needs a software file of their own, unfortunately you can't downgrade to iOS 6. However, you could JB it and use iOS 6 icons...

3. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

no. this is not possible. sorry bud. you'll get used to 7.

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Aside from the facf that iOS can't be downgraded aside from some cases on older phones, nothing before iOS 7 was ever available on iPhone 5S, so even if by some miracle Apple allowed downgrading suddenly there would nothing to downgrade to on the 5S.