iOS Icon

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by SpasticPat, Jun 8, 2015.

1. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

Anyone else notice that the iOS 9 icon is very similar, if not exactly the same as iOS 8? Usually it seems that they change the icon, at least a little bit.

7 was similar but the coloring was a little different. 8 and 9 seem to be the exact same thing. I just thought this was interesting.

ios9.png ios8logo.png

2. c55 macrumors regular

c55

they are the same. i think Apple is hinting that this update is simply a revised and overall better iOS 8. there is no special learning curve with this update like there has been with previous versions.

3. SpasticPat thread starter macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

That's what I thought, it seems more like ios 8.5 as others have said. And I don't think it's a bad thing at all, if the performance of my devices is boosted, then I'm satisfied.

4. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I noticed that as well. The iOS 10 one will probably be different and so will every other version, signaling larger changes.

5. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

Similar to how OS X 10.11 isn't some new place in California, but just a particular landmark within Yosemite. Seems like a fairly similar implication is being made there.

7. Yun0 macrumors 65816

Yun0

running out of icons/names? the new os x name is so..weird/dumb/giggly i forgot it already.. el something

8. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

El Capitan