Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Howdr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
I have found a Bug in imessages

Yes I have a JB device and use Bite SMS but none of this should make a difference:

first off

updating to 5.0.1 imessages is on by default

the wizards at Apple have decided you need to send text messages to iPads and iTouches as well as normal phones

This was my problem with iMessges on

I would type a message and poof it would go as a text to my wife and poof it disappeared from my phone too.

I had no record of the text, she would text back and 50% of the time poof it would disappear too.

I went to settings-messages and turned imessages off ( since I have no other devices nor text to any of these anyway) and poof problem resovled.

I noticed a big increase in battery life too, up to 20% better

Honestly did Apple even test iOS 5 before making it the official iOS ?

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
First time i've heard of this issue. There's alot of people in my family and friends that have used iOS 5 and not had any problems with iMessage.

What's wrong with sending iMessages to iPads and iPods. It is a nice way of conversing with someone for free.

Howdr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2010
First time i've heard of this issue. There's alot of people in my family and friends that have used iOS 5 and not had any problems with iMessage.

What's wrong with sending iMessages to iPads and iPods. It is a nice way of conversing with someone for free.

Guess I do not know enough people with ipads
I'm just a 47 year old Physician
and honestly I really hate the iOS 5 update because it is so buggy

Who's to say you wont have start happening, it happened to me after using Navigon the other day

I have no idea why?

But why is it important to mess with the texting ability of a phone? a Separate program would have been better for ipad and ipod

I have two other Iphones in the family too, mine was the only one with this Bug

Does not mean its not a bug

Some are not having the battery issue as well

does not mean the battery issue is not a problem

Last edited:

zzamud

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2009
im not jb and on iphone4
i thought i was mistaken cause i too have seen imessages and second later they were gone
happend that i know of twice
both times they were incoming imessages from same other iphone4 and they are not jb either

LithePanther

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2011
I am jailbroken w/ biteSMS and a whole slew of other tweaks, and I iMessage with 3 friends at least 50 messages a day.

Not once have I experienced a message missing or any battery issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.