iOS in a new car - when

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by InfoTime, Aug 13, 2013.

1. InfoTime macrumors 6502

When will we be able to buy a car that has iOS built in?

There's been a lot of talk about iOS being integrated into a bunch of automobiles in 2014. We're just around the corner from the 2014 model vehicles being released. When I heard that iOS in the Car would be a 2014 product I wishfully hoped that meant the 2014 model year cars.

But, if they mean to say that iOS will come out in the calendar year 2014 that wouldn't correlate to automakers model years. I'm looking at the 2014 Accord sedan. It will probably come out in October. Unless there's an upgrade mid-year for that vehicle we probably won't see iOS until the 2015 model year.

2. Munky macrumors 6502

http://www.chevrolet.com/spark-city-car.html It's the first one to be released.

3. mostlydave macrumors regular

I'm really hoping we see some aftermarket head units with it instead, there's no way in hell you should have to upgrade your entire car to get this funtionality

4. c0LdFire macrumors regular

Yeah, this. I'm not buying a new car just to control my phone easier, but if I can get a nice aftermarket headunit for a couple hundred bucks, I just might consider it. Who knows when they'll hit the market though.

5. Parise macrumors 6502a

Parise