iOS in general on iPhones.

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by TyKandi, Sep 27, 2012.

1. TyKandi macrumors newbie

Okay we all know and love apples phone operating systems. But we all know they're very outdated and not much change has occurred visually over the years. Does anyone think its in apples plans? To revamp the operating system? Or start from scratch with a new operating system for the iPhone? What would you guys like to see? What would you like taken out?
    Opinions?

2. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I'd like it to stay the same and be continuously tweaked.

----------

I know thats a contradiction but you know what I mean :D

3. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

No way. The majority of their customers will freak out. To change for the sake of change is not smart.

Will I love to waste my time teaching my wife to use it again? God, no!

4. dejo, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2012

dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

Why don't you get us started? What do you see as deficiencies with the current OS and what would you like to see done to address them? Try to be as specific as possible.

5. TyKandi thread starter macrumors newbie

Things just seem very long. Maybe a quick reply on the lock screen for one. A button to close all your open apps in one touch. Just to name a couple. Maybe not a complete new iOS, but what would you guys like to see in future iOS?

6. moderngamenewb macrumors 6502

I think a major UI change will happen, but not until the iPhone 10, or iOS 10. Sort of like OS 9 had the same layout, and come OS X, then the UI was changed. I think it won't be for at least several more years before the iPhone UI is changed.

7. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

iOS has been on the market since 2007 - A total of 5 years.

Apple has kept the same core functionality for OS X since its inception in 2001 - a total of 11 years.

Microsoft kept the same core functionality for windows since Windows 95 - A total of 17 years.

Point is - we're not going to see a major UI overhaul people seem to think they want anytime soon. Can you imagine the outcry if every new release of Windows, or OSX completely changed how you used your computer?

tl;dr - As iOS matures, a lot of the things people want will get incorporated - like quick reply. But the overall look, feel and function will remain distinctly Apple and distinctly iOS.

8. mw360 macrumors 65816

mw360

There is one of those on the front, made of plastic.

9. Mkostera16 macrumors member

Couldn't of said it better....

10. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

As mw360 is alluding to, perhaps you don't realize that there is only one open app at a time in iOS.