iOS & iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MickeyVee, Jun 21, 2010.

1. MickeyVee macrumors member

MickeyVee

OK.. got iOS loaded on my iPhone 3G.
    I kew that I was not going to get multi-tasking but I thought that I would at least get phone orientation lock & iPod controls.
    Double tapping gets me no where.

Was I expecting too much?
    Any other disappointments with the 3G & iOS 4? (that were not published)

BTW.. the iPhone 4 is in my plans but not sure when its coming to Canada.

2. draz macrumors 6502a

Sucks I know.....

So far no word yet on the release date for any countries aside from the 5 being released on Thursday =(

Canada is still July but no 'official' word yet as all the carriers have stated the same "in the coming weeks" wording since June 7th... So it could be anytime heck even August or September is still considered "in the coming weeks"

...bleh

3. AaronE macrumors 6502

All of those features can be enabled by jailbreaking the 3G. A simple plist edit allows them to work.

4. mikey.f macrumors regular

Well, one thing I sure don't understand is why the heck didn't they allow AT LEAST that homescreen background option on 3G. I mean, overall it seems like folders is the only visible new feature of iOS 4 on iPhone 3G. (Yeah, I know there's also multiple-inboxes-in-one, SMS character counter (which is crappy), and other small things...).

Even on Apple's website the 3G is shown with the homescreen background set! (Edit: they changed it! It now has a black background... Sorry)