iOS is becoming an annoyance

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by MacMane, Jul 25, 2012.

1. MacMane macrumors regular

Lets get this straight, I know and agree that iOS is the most stable and fluid mobile operating system. I have owned all 3 gen iPads, and numerous iPhones. I don't understand why i can't upload Or attach a pic or file in a forum reply or email. Most importantly I can't attach a resume to an online job application. I can't attach a pic or meme into a reply post in a thread. Copy and paste also works like ****. I don't get it.

2. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

If you spend a lot of time on forums tapatalk is money well spent.

3. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Tapatalk is not going to change the fact that the inability to upload a Word file to the web shows what a complete failure Apple's war on the file system has been for everyone.

4. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Didn't say it made it perfect. It sounds like iOS isn't for you. If access to a file system is important then you need to take a look at Android. It's no front page news that iOS doesn't allow access to the file system.

5. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Why don't we complain about practical problems... like there not being a "mark all mail read" button.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

7. MacMane thread starter macrumors regular

Also, writing replys using disqus or Facebook is becoming impossible. Once you get to the third of fourth sentence, or you try to edit a previous sentence and go back to where you left off, characters no longer show up when you type. Then I try to copy all, refresh the page, then paste all then proceed to type but no luck there either.

8. faroZ06 macrumors 68040

faroZ06

Dropbox has fixed pretty much every file management problem I've had on iOS. There's also iFile, a Cydia app, but that app really only shows the reasons why file management would be a pain in iOS. I doubt either of those will help you with uploading documents if I understand what you are saying. Are you talking about sites with those "Choose File..." buttons that normally let you select a file to upload in Mac OS?

I can help you with one of your problems. For posting images to forums, just put the file into the Dropbox app, choose the file, and press the "copy link to clipboard" button. Then put that URL into the image attachment thing on the forum. This forum doesn't even let you upload images to it.

9. MacMane thread starter macrumors regular

I'll try the Dropbox app. Thanks for the suggestion.

10. Zarkizon macrumors member

The Opera Mini web browser app lets you access the Photos app for uploading photos to websites.

11. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

iOS 6 allows you to insert pics from the Camera Roll or Photos app into forum posts.

12. ChristianJapan, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

thanks for the tip; I never tried before ...
    image.jpg
    :)