iOS iWork - iClouds ignores some documents when uploading

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by pafell, Jan 21, 2012.

1. pafell macrumors newbie

pafell

Hi!

I'm having problems with uploading my documents to iCloud from iPad or iPhone iWork apps - Pages, Numbers or Keynote. For most documents, everything works brilliantly and as soon as I close a document, application starts uploading it to iCloud.

However, some documents (those that matter most, I don't know if iOS has some algorithm built-in to determine which documents are most important and only cause problems with those) do not upload back to iCloud and all I can see is just big arrow in top-right corner of the file (image). No matter how long I wait, it won't upload. If I create new file for example and edit it, app will say "Uploading 1 document" and just upload that new one, ignoring other one.

It seems that most documents that won't upload are imported from Dropbox but I think some of them work perfectly.

Can anyone help me with this issue? I would really appreciate any suggestions as I started using my iPad as my laptop and I can't use its full potential if I can't manage my documents properly...

I did uninstall whole iOS iWork suite - did not help.
    I did reset all settings (Settings.app - General - Reset - Reset all settings) - did not help.

iOS 5.0.1. (current).
    Current versions of iOS iWork suite apps.
    Other iCloud apps seem to work fine.

2. pafell thread starter macrumors newbie

pafell

I think I found the solution for this, although it might be just temporary (we shall see how long will it last).

I have noticed that if I upload a file from iCloud interface on my Mac and I access it from my iPad, it gets removed from iCloud (no longer visible on iCloud in Safari on my Mac) and that is when I get that arrow indicating it's uploading the file, even though it is not.

But if I rename the file to something else - it uploads nicely. I can even rename the file back to previous name - it just begins to work. I even got a conflict resolver pop-up on iPad when accessing the file once - asking me which version to keep - edited on Mac or iPad - so I guess iCloud still has some issues but renaming works. At least for now.