iOS junkmail folder

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by penguintri, Apr 19, 2014.

1. penguintri macrumors member

iOS Junkmail folder

I’m having trouble with my icloud mail on my iphone. I’ve been getting a lot of junk mail through lately. I’ve been moving these emails to the junk mail folder as I understand this should teach icloud that they are junk.

This work fine if I open mail on my mac as new junk emails for the same things go into my junk mail folder however this does not happen on my iphone as they stay in the inbox.

If I open on my mac first then my iphone the emails will all then been in junk mail on the iphone. I just seems the iphone keeps all emails in the inbox even if they are junk. Is there any way I can get emails to go straight into the junkmail folder on my iphone as they do on my mac?

Thanks

2. mrcheezit macrumors member

I have the same issue as well, no junk mail is going to the actual junk folder I don't really know what to do about it and I haven't seen any fixes yet. And yeah on my Macbook they go to junk :confused:

3. moocherx macrumors newbie

Reverse problem

Not that it'll help you, but there's a general problem with the Junk settings in icloud.

In my case, I mark something as NOT JUNK, and icloud does not learn. Worse, it moves the emails I have moved FROM junk TO inbox back into the junk folder within seconds.

This probably has the same root cause as to why it's not learning that what you are telling it is Junk, is actually Junk.

I didn't realise that icloud mail was such a buggy beta product, before I switched over form trusty Gmail.