iOS Keyboard Arrow Keys in Replies

funnyboy88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
When using an external keyboard on the iPad and trying to write a reply, if you use the arrow keys, the web page jumps to the bottom, and you have to scroll back up to the reply text box.

Here is a GIF. http://imgur.com/a/sGB4r

As you can see, I start out with my cursor before the one. I use the right arrow key, and the page jumps to the bottom. When I scroll up, you can see the cursor now before the two.

It makes using the forums on the iPad a huge PITA! :(

Reactions: Watabou and Wormald

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
This is a XenForo bug, not specific to MacRumors. I've reported it to the XenForo developers and we'll see what they have to say.
Must be version specific?

Http://www.ipcamtalk.com also uses XenoForo, but the cursor keys work properly when replying there.

My iPad Pro with Apple Keyboard is becoming my “main machine” for forums. It’s always an “ugh” moment when hitting a cursor key and being sent to the bottom fo the page here. :)

Nick Milner

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2017
Sorry to bump and I see that it's somewhat outside of your control, but it's really annoying. It's especially ironic that the only forum I can't use my Apple keyboard is one dedicated to Apple products. ;)

Reactions: aristobrat

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
XenForo never addressed my bug report, unfortunately.

It does, however, appear to be fixed in XenForo 2.0, which just entered public beta. On the upside, it'll get fixed presuming we don't run into any issues with upgrading our own forums once 2.0 officially launches. On the downside, I don't know the timeline for the official launch of 2.0 and I don't know if there's a chance for a fix in any 1.x updates in the interim.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.