iOS Keyboard Arrow Keys in Replies

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by funnyboy88, Jul 7, 2017.

1. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

When using an external keyboard on the iPad and trying to write a reply, if you use the arrow keys, the web page jumps to the bottom, and you have to scroll back up to the reply text box.

Here is a GIF. http://imgur.com/a/sGB4r

As you can see, I start out with my cursor before the one. I use the right arrow key, and the page jumps to the bottom. When I scroll up, you can see the cursor now before the two.

It makes using the forums on the iPad a huge PITA! :(

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

This is a XenForo bug, not specific to MacRumors. I've reported it to the XenForo developers and we'll see what they have to say.

3. funnyboy88 thread starter macrumors regular

Much appreciated!

4. Wormald macrumors regular

Came here to report this, plus one!

This is a source of constant ire for me, even now as I'm typing this!

A fix would be most appreciated!

5. aristobrat macrumors G5

Must be version specific?

Http://www.ipcamtalk.com also uses XenoForo, but the cursor keys work properly when replying there.

My iPad Pro with Apple Keyboard is becoming my “main machine” for forums. It’s always an “ugh” moment when hitting a cursor key and being sent to the bottom fo the page here. :)

6. Nick Milner macrumors member

Nick Milner

Sorry to bump and I see that it's somewhat outside of your control, but it's really annoying. It's especially ironic that the only forum I can't use my Apple keyboard is one dedicated to Apple products. ;)

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

XenForo never addressed my bug report, unfortunately.

It does, however, appear to be fixed in XenForo 2.0, which just entered public beta. On the upside, it'll get fixed presuming we don't run into any issues with upgrading our own forums once 2.0 officially launches. On the downside, I don't know the timeline for the official launch of 2.0 and I don't know if there's a chance for a fix in any 1.x updates in the interim.