Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
IOS 11 was released last Tuesday and MacOS High Sierra should be released on Monday. Be sure to check that your IOS-based photo apps (ie Affinity Photo or other) work OK before you need to depend on them. The same goes for the migration to High Sierra next week. As soon as you migrate, check that all your photo apps work.

I have two photo apps that have problems running on High Sierra betas and Gold Standard beta. So those two apps will likely have updates early next week.

Your mileage may vary.

Hughmac

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2012
Kent, UK
I have the GM of High Sierra installed on my iMac, and unbelievably my PhotoShop CS4 is working, despite problems crashing on save (and refusing to save) during the beta period.
I even bought Elements 15 and Affinity in my panic because of this - needn't have bothered, but it's nice to have a backup ;)

Cheers :)

Hugh

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
IOS 11 was released last Tuesday and MacOS High Sierra should be released on Monday. Be sure to check that your IOS-based photo apps (ie Affinity Photo or other) work OK before you need to depend on them. The same goes for the migration to High Sierra next week. As soon as you migrate, check that all your photo apps work.

I have two photo apps that have problems running on High Sierra betas and Gold Standard beta. So those two apps will likely have updates early next week.

Your mileage may vary.
I never update to the latest and greatest for a good few weeks or even months after they come out for that exact reason.
Let all the kinks get ironed out and developers up to date before I head there.

stillcrazyman

macrumors 603
Oct 10, 2014
Exile
For the MacOS, there is a way to check to see if the app is 32 bit o 64 bit.

In 'About This Mac', click the System Report button, scroll down the list of apps in 'Software>Applications' to view. There should be a column heading to sort by 64bit status.

In iOS 10.x, it's under Settings> General> About> Apps - if there are 32bit apps there will be a number of them listed.
It didn't show which particular apps were 32bit for me though, just a number (53). I manually checked every app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.