Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fireagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
Hey guys.
I have a problem with my mail app. So after using the greyhound bus service and their wifi onboard, all of my emails from amazon have their branding.
I don't know how using their wifi could do this neither do I know how to change it back. Hope you can help me
IMG_2621.PNG

Winterfibre

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2016
Have you got wireless at home or do you use 4g or 3g most of the time as i think this can effect the picture download.

Fireagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
Well I think these were downloaded on 4G but could also be wifi at home. But which settings could be changed to do such a picture download?

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
My best guess is that the WiFi had some kind of login (or 'Click here to continue' type landing page) when you first connect, and Mail cached the image without knowing it and now it looks like that because of that.

Fireagle

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2017
Yeah you're right with the click to continue. But even mail I received 3weeks later still got the image.

cswifx

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Yeah you're right with the click to continue. But even mail I received 3weeks later still got the image.
I'd say the best way to try to fix it would be to remove all your accounts, uninstall the Mail app, install the Mail app, then sign in again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.