iOS Mail Search---terrible?

FelixAng

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
Hong Kong
Is iOS Mail app terrible at search? Not only does is f-up by listing non-chronologically, but it takes forever--if it even manages!

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I've never liked how the mail app searches for mail. I can understand some of the performance issues, since it has to go to the server to do the search.

If I need to, I go on my Mac to do any searches.

minimo3

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2010
When I need to search my gmail I fire up the Gmail app instead. You might want to give the new Outlook app a try. It handles personal and corporate exahnge accounts and the search seemed pretty good.

westrock2000

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2013
It satisfies my needs. I type in a word and it comes back with a match. That's about all I need.

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
When I need to search my gmail I fire up the Gmail app instead. You might want to give the new Outlook app a try. It handles personal and corporate exahnge accounts and the search seemed pretty good.

Seconded. Outlook (Formerly Acompli) blows Apple Mail away in just about every way.

Rhonindk

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2014
watching the birth of the Dem WTH Party
So agree :eek:
Mine is a work phone (6+) and I get 100+ emails / day. Time, chronological order and accuracy are very poor. I usually fire my laptop up instead if I'm at my office.

For the new Outlook app (formerly Accompli), it is good except for one huge error: it only brings in some of your contacts. I found this affects some searches. What MS did to cause this (the original Accompli app was fine) I don't know.

Either way, this is just "another" issue Apple needs to fix. :rolleyes: