iOS Mail Search---terrible?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by FelixAng, Mar 1, 2015.

1. FelixAng macrumors regular

Is iOS Mail app terrible at search? Not only does is f-up by listing non-chronologically, but it takes forever--if it even manages!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I've never liked how the mail app searches for mail. I can understand some of the performance issues, since it has to go to the server to do the search.

If I need to, I go on my Mac to do any searches.

3. minimo3 macrumors regular

When I need to search my gmail I fire up the Gmail app instead. You might want to give the new Outlook app a try. It handles personal and corporate exahnge accounts and the search seemed pretty good.

4. westrock2000 macrumors 6502

It satisfies my needs. I type in a word and it comes back with a match. That's about all I need.

5. coffeemadmanUK macrumors 6502a

coffeemadmanUK

The search is alright in my experience but not very good once you start searching on the server going back years, like many do with Gmail.

6. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

Seconded. Outlook (Formerly Acompli) blows Apple Mail away in just about every way.

7. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

So agree :eek:
    Mine is a work phone (6+) and I get 100+ emails / day. Time, chronological order and accuracy are very poor. I usually fire my laptop up instead if I'm at my office.

For the new Outlook app (formerly Accompli), it is good except for one huge error: it only brings in some of your contacts. I found this affects some searches. What MS did to cause this (the original Accompli app was fine) I don't know.

Either way, this is just "another" issue Apple needs to fix. :rolleyes: