Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macTW

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
Hi all,

Recently, I went on a trip. I had some photos on my iphone, and some on my DSLR. I put all the trip photos into an album on the photos app on my macbook. Then, I synced the album with my iPhone, so I have an album on my iPhone of iPhone-taken photos and DSLR-taken photos. Now, I want to make a memory.

However, when I try to make a memory, the photos in the memory are out of order. The album on the iPhone is in the correct order, yet as soon as I tell that album to be a memory, they go out of order (and to the same out-of-order order every time). Anybody able to help? Apple couldn't, I chatted with them for an hour and a senior engineer called, but nothing could be done. Thanks!

Reactions: tomklyn

tomklyn

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2013
Ottumwa, Iowa
Hi all,

Recently, I went on a trip. I had some photos on my iphone, and some on my DSLR. I put all the trip photos into an album on the photos app on my macbook. Then, I synced the album with my iPhone, so I have an album on my iPhone of iPhone-taken photos and DSLR-taken photos. Now, I want to make a memory.

However, when I try to make a memory, the photos in the memory are out of order. The album on the iPhone is in the correct order, yet as soon as I tell that album to be a memory, they go out of order (and to the same out-of-order order every time). Anybody able to help? Apple couldn't, I chatted with them for an hour and a senior engineer called, but nothing could be done. Thanks!

If your dslr photos happen to be missing the exif data and or the time & date aren't set right on the imported photos that would mess up the order

macTW

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
If your dslr photos happen to be missing the exif data and or the time & date aren't set right on the imported photos that would mess up the order
The issue isn't the DSLR photos - it's the iPhone photos. My DSLR doesn't have that information, but the iPhone photos are the ones that end up out of order, inserted in the middle of the DSLR photos, despite my attempts to arrange the album the way I want the memories to be created.

clarlion

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2017
i think the problem is caused by DSLR photos. You may need Photo organization apps to rearrange all photo in your wished order.

limnancy

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2016
I am having the exact same problem here as well. iPhone with ios 10.0.1. I always restore the new iphone from back ups and NEVER experience somthing like this before! I got like 30k photos in my phone and it sure is frustrating to be not able to view it in chronological order.... I've done my researching online as well, tried restoring the phone many times, but it still does not solve the issue.

macTW

Suspended
Original poster
Oct 17, 2016
i think the problem is caused by DSLR photos. You may need Photo organization apps to rearrange all photo in your wished order.
Do you have any recommended apps? I think so, I'll need an app that can mask the exif info or whatever we think is reorganizing them. I wish we knew how memories organized photos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.