All iPads IOS Messenger question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by petalino, Nov 14, 2013.

1. petalino macrumors regular

I have 2 iPads and an Iphone.

Use the Iphone exclusively for taxting and messaging; never an Ipad.

I also plan to use both iPads in my business, where my employees will have access to them.

How can I prevent the iPads from receiving my IOS Messages, which are obviously private and personal?

It seems that every message I receive, does show up on all my IOS devices and not only my Iphone.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Settings, messages, turn iMessage off.

3. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

Settings -> Messages -> Send & Receive

Make sure your phone number (or whatever address is used to receive messages on your phone) is unchecked on your iPads.

Also, iPhones and iPads are both iOS devices.

4. petalino thread starter macrumors regular

DUH!!

So simple.
    But what if my employee decides to turn it back on? I don't see any way to add a password protected restriction to Messaging

----------

I wish that there was a way to select Restrictions for any App installed on the Ipad, instead of just the few shown

5. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

If they open iMessage it will require them to sign I'm with your Apple ID and password, which they won't have.

6. petalino thread starter macrumors regular

I just tried to do it like you describe, but I was not asked for my Apple ID or Password.
    I was able to switch it back on without a problem.

----------

Tyler, you are right.
    When IMessage is turned off and they try to access the APP, they have to enter Apple ID and Password.

However, they are not asked for their credentials, if they turn iMessage back on prior to opening the App.

7. donnaw macrumors 65816

Can't you create new Apple IDs for the iPads? That way they aren't linked to your personal account?

8. petalino thread starter macrumors regular

I might have to, but before I do this, I would like to explore my options if any are available.

9. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Bottom line: you need to have a personal iPad or iPhone which you get your messages and email on but only used by you and then business iPads which have iCloud turned off completely, assigned to a particular employee, or use a generic Apple ID like "XYZ Widgets@icloud.com"