iOS monitor coding setup

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rusty0412, Jun 14, 2012.

1. rusty0412 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I am a software engineer and I work in a Linux environment. I have 3 24" monitors at work for coding. I would like to do iOS programming at home. Currently I own a 15" MacBook Pro from 2010 (no Thunderbolt). I was thinking of buying a iMac but they didn't announce them so I am thinking of buying monitors for my MBP. I am wondering what's best... buy a Cinema Display 27" or two 24" monitors + Matrox? I am not familiar with the Xcode environment. I don't know how much code can it fit in a 27" monitor + simulator + interface builder. I have been waiting since February or early March for this purchase. Any insights are welcomed!
    -rusty

2. jnoxx macrumors 65816

jnoxx

I'd not recommand buying the LED Cinema Display. What you could do, is just get a 27" Samsung, which should be enough, I had the 24" iMac with an extra 21", but I mostly just used second screen for finder windows + movies ;p
    What i'd recommand, like I said, is getting an 27", and if u want to pay for the LED screen, might go for the Dell Ultrasharp UM3011, this is the highest 30" res screen u can find & it has 16:10 ratio instead of the 16:9, and doesn't have the glare issue that the ACD's do have. and those extra 3" always good :)

Just my personal recomanndation. (2x 24" syncmasters might do the trick too..)