iOS of iPhone in Recovery mode

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rach23, Apr 11, 2012.

1. rach23 macrumors newbie

This is probably a stupid question but is there a way to find out what iOS is installed on your iPhone that has gone into recovery mode?

I have an iPhone 3g that I connected to my laptop (vista), the iTunes update prompt came up and updated the version of iTunes and I think it upgraded the phone too because now it will not work :(

I can't even do a restore on the phone! I get an error message saying 'iPhone cannot be restored (error 23 ) .. now it only indicate an itunes logo and the USB.
    I'm guessing the iOS on the phone was upgraded with the iTunes version upgrade?

I bought the phone in the US and was originally AT&T which I had jailbroken so that it would work in Ireland when I moved home. The phone was working fine before whatever happened when I updated my version of iTunes. I have an AT&T simcard to try and do a restore but i'm not having any luck

Any thoughts would be a huge help!! Thanks

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Use TinyUmbrella

Connect phone to USB, open TU, select device in TU, on the general pages it should give your current iOS

4. rach23 thread starter macrumors newbie

5. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

6. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America