Dec 27, 2011
Cyprus
:/ i wonder because one of my friend he buy recently the Galaxy Nexus S
and i want to put him the iOS!!

Last edited:

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Yes you can. Just use and iOS launcher. Google search it.

It won't actually be ios for obvious programming reasons but it will look and act like it.

Ksizzle9

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

That would probably be the closest you will EVER get.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
There are lots of androids themes lockscreens etc in cydia I haven't looked at them much since I'm not that interested. if you just search android in cydia it will pull up allot of them..

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Like not being able to run Windows on a Mac?
Correct. All the virtual machine technology, e.g., hackintosh, VMWare, Parallels, etc., have a layer of emulation software that sits between the hardware and the operating system that 'fools' the operating system into thinking it's running directly on supported hardware.

gngan

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2009
MacWorld
There are lots of androids themes lockscreens etc in cydia I haven't looked at them much since I'm not that interested. if you just search android in cydia it will pull up allot of them..
What? I didn't know Android uses Cydia. Read before 'trying' to help others.

lgwells1

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2011
COMO
Windows is installed an ran from your hard drive. On its own partition. Other than the bios. What is being emulated?

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Windows is installed an ran from your hard drive. On its own partition. Other than the bios. What is being emulated?
Go back to my original statement; Operating systems are made to run on specific hardware. What's Windows designed to run on? PowerPC? No. Solaris? No. Intel? Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. What kind of hardware are recent Macs built with? Intel! Where do the drivers come from so Windows can talk to the Mac Intel hardware? Boot Camp! Does Boot Camp do any emulation? I don't know. I don't use it. My original statement stands and is not contradicted by you running Windows on your Mac.