Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motm95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
This is a weird one and I don’t know which end is the problem.

I have been using iOS Outlook for years and love it. Never had any issues.

Recently, however, whenever I receive an email from someone who used the Mail app on iPhone or iPad, the email in iOS Outlook is displaying the full headers. Also when I scroll past the headers to the body of the email, there are some formatting or encoding issues, like an apostrophe is displayed as =E2=80=99 and a line break is displayed as =20.

This problem only occurs with received emails in iOS Outlook that were sent to me from iPhones or iPads using the default Apple Mail app.

I have searched for a solution but have not found anything. Has anyone else encountered this or figured out a solution? Is the problem on iOS Outlook’s end or the Apple Mail end?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

motm95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
I have only started seeing this in the last 2-3 weeks but I can’t pinpoint it to a specific Outlook update. I’ll try deleting and reinstalling the app. Thanks.

motm95

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
These emails display fine in other email apps like Edison Mail, so it’s definitely an Outlook problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.